I have to admit I'm a great lover of trees. I wouldn't call myself a treehugger, I do recognize their utilitarian benefits. Over the years I have learned just how important trees are in maintaining a healthy environment and sustaining peoples lives throughout the ages. Trees help provide and sustain life!“
“I think that I shall never see. A poem lovely as a tree.” - Joyce Kilmer
|The Ugly Tree|
The Ugly Tree by Brian Carey
"It may not have beauty, it may not have grace, this stalwart of life exquisite in place"
|The Ugly Tree - Cosmic Journey|
For me as a photographer it's exciting to find unique beauty and character in something so common as a tree. Even one so "unattractive" can reward an abundance of benefits!
Why Trees are Awesome?
- They provide us air to breath
- They clean the air
- They provide food for people animals and insects
- They prevent soil erosion
- They prevent flooding
- They beautify areas
- They provide us with lumber to build houses as well as paper to make books
- They prevent water pollution
- They shield us from the wind
- They provide play areas for our children
- They combat the greenhouse effect
- They increase property values
- They play a vital part in the circle of life